Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Empty
PostSubject: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime6th April 2009, 08:53

Have trouble sleeping? New research suggests that the worse your sleep problems get, the more likely you may be to have thoughts of suicide or planning a suicidal act.

Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

Number of posts : 1043
Kudos : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime6th April 2009, 15:23

Yeppers... sob
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michellealainemoore
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime6th April 2009, 15:57

I can vouch for that.....on more than one occasion.... sob
Back to top Go down
Kylie

Kylie

Number of posts : 512
Kudos : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime7th April 2009, 07:07

Me too, somedays I don't know how I do it. I'm worn to the bone and all the spring activities are just starting sob
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime7th April 2009, 15:45

Kylie wrote:
Me too, somedays I don't know how I do it. I'm worn to the bone and all the spring activities are just starting sob

Because you have 2 pairs of loving beautiful eyes looking back at you everyday, what more could a person want in life... group hug
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime8th April 2009, 18:46

And being bipolar only makes things worse, no sleep, mania, racing thoughts. It's a whirlwind of emotions. here 4U
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime9th April 2009, 15:19

And..it seems once the cycle starts..it only gets worse. You begin missing a night or two sleep..get more manic..the pain cycle starts which makes you miss more sleep...your bipolar cycling gets worse...the pain cycle gets worse, etc...
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime10th April 2009, 17:44

And how do you stop the cycle? I'm clueless. I wish I knew more to help you all here 4U
Back to top Go down
Kylie

Kylie

Number of posts : 512
Kudos : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime10th April 2009, 19:11

Sending you all hugs group hug
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime11th April 2009, 15:17

The most important thing is to have your pmeds right. That's why I told my pdoc it was time for an adjustment last week. There's a big difference between situational mania or depression (those times when something in your life is happening that causes a brief manic or depressive cycle) and a true change in your moods. I was having a true mood change for no specific reason, and hadn't had a med change in almost 3 years. Now that he's adjusted the meds, I'm sleeping well. I still need a tweek, tho cuz I think the seroquel adjustment is too high and is making me blue. It will only take a phone call on Monday and that will be taken care of. I have an awesome pdoc who knows that I know my body and also that I am extremely proactive with my mental health. I won't wait until I'm in a crisis to call. Although, when you're a bp...sometimes a crisis can come along without any prior warning..that's part of the disease. I'm extremely careful if I get depressed because, when I had the suicide attempt, I had made no plans..no ideations whatsoever. The thought hit me and I swallowed a bottle of pills. I had been depressed for quite awhile. Bipolars are very spontaneous. So...if I have been really down for more than 3 days and can't seem to get a handle on it, I call my pdoc and ask to be put into a facility where #1 - I can be safe, #2 - I can get away from my regular life for a few days and it helps me to regroup. I rarely get any help from the outside at these places...I usually figure out on my own what the issue is that's making me blue, but it's necessary that I go there so that I can think things through on my own. I don't know why...but it works. The important thing is that I go somewhere that I'm safe because I never planned the suicide attempt before and I don't ever want to go there again. Hope this helps someone.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime11th April 2009, 16:36

You are so much better at this than I am Michelle, I have to still let the doc tell me what is what...I am still manic, I am having trouble sleeping, am running around like a crazy person... He stopped my zanax (the creep) and so I drink like 3 Mike's hard cranberry's to sleep in the twilight zone. Now with the new antibiotics I am sleeping better, they knock me out for a few hours, but that is better than it was. My head if filling with all kinds of fluid again and my tolerance for anything is low. But, I am trying...I hope the increase in the lithium helps. pray
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime12th April 2009, 09:32

I had lots of help, Terry..with my Mom. When I got really bad in 2001, she was my "biofeedback". She was able to recognize changes in my moods before I was, and she alerted me to them. Now I can recognize them. I also do a lot of thinking and self talk about what the changes are from. I look at the things that are happening in my life. Am I under stress? I know what things bring on changes...I've learned those by now. So..I don't freak out when I get those changes...I can ride them out cuz I know they'll pass. If I get a change that's out of the norm..then I have to talk to myself...think it through...what has brought this on...am I in a lupus flair? No??? Well...is there any sort of anniversary that I'm forgetting? Our subconscious remembers anniversaries even though we don't... talking to Mom helps me cuz she'll sometimes be going thru the same thing and when we talk..I can find out why I'm blue cuz she'll mention an anniversary of a death or something that I've stuck way back in my mind. If I can't come up with a reasonable explanation for the change...I call my doc. Most of the time, my blues are situational. I haven't needed a med change for a long time until this past week. I don't rush to change my meds...I try to think things thru and see what's genuinely going on first. These docs will change your meds like you change your drawers, never giving one a chance to really work...or they'll change 2 or 3 at once so you have no idea which one is working or causing a reaction. One change at a time. I allowed a double change this time because I've been on both meds for so long, I know what they do for me and how I react. Otherwise, I wouldn't have allowed it..and I mean I wouldn't have allowed it. I'm in charge of my mental health...not the pdoc. He is the facilitator of my medication..that's all. He understands that and wants my input on everything. He's so awesome. Hang in there, Baby..Today's Friday...but Sunday's coming....
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime14th April 2009, 18:16

I've been there Michelle where the pdoc's change your meds like your drawers. I'm glad that you had your mom there for you here 4U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked   Sleep Problems and Suicidal Behaviors, Thoughts Linked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1