Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Empty
PostSubject: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime8th December 2008, 07:57

Whether it's a fear of flying, worries over the economy, stage fright or nervousness in crowds, anxieties are a daily obstacle for millions of Americans.

Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime8th December 2008, 20:43

Someone here is using CBT and I can't remember who it is dunno
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime8th December 2008, 21:23

I had three years with a cognitive behavior therapist after my accident. It helped me quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime8th December 2008, 21:27

I have a CBT workbook, but I haven't even had time to open it redface
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime9th December 2008, 08:09

What is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime10th December 2008, 10:55

The single most important tool she had me do was a gratitude journal....sounds easy, but it turned my thinking around completely. She also helped with the way I thought, I wasn't thinking the right way at all! dunno
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime10th December 2008, 19:38

Terry could you explain what a gratitude journal is? dunno
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime10th December 2008, 21:30

It is a journal that lists everything you are great full for each day. As time passes you find yourself looking for new things to be great full for. It is a really good thing to do every once in a while. love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime11th December 2008, 07:53

That's a good idea Terry. You don't realize all you have until you look at it square in the face thumbs up
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime11th December 2008, 13:28

I got to the point that I couldn't even get angry anymore, I would simply say, Lord, thank you for showing me another way not to ever treat another human love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime12th December 2008, 22:09

I've learned, the hard way, that anger accomplishes nothing. Could be why I'm always in deep doo doo all the time redface
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime13th December 2008, 12:31

Not to say I don't get angry, I just control it better! I mean we still have to stilck up for ourselvels; like finding out yesterday that I been entited to bonuses every month since I stated this job and never got them and have been cheated out of almost $8,000.00 cry stamp why the heck should I be mad fiery mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders   Self-Help for Those Suffering Anxiety Disorders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1