Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Empty
PostSubject: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime28th May 2008, 08:51

I was wondering what adaptations to our homes, cars, or any part of our lives we have made to improve our life as a result of our chronic pain.

I have a medium sized SUV with adjustable bucket seats and tilt away steering to make it easier to get in and out of my vehicle.

I have accepted help from others on bad pain days along with getting my friends to understand I would miss events and get togethers often on the spur of the moment.

On bad pain nights I tried sleeping in a recliner but found that an overstuffed chair with an ottoman is lots more comfy. I have a memory foam cushion for my neck that I snuggle down into, and after I finally get to sleep, I manage to sleep quite well for 3 or 4 hours. This way I can add extra cushioning to whatever part of my body is hurting the most at any given time.

There are many other ways I have adjusted my life but I don't want this to be too long and I want to hear some ideas based on what you have done in your situation. I hope this can help all of us find ways to make our lives easier as I find my life is a struggle most days.
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
deltaelise

deltaelise

Number of posts : 238
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime28th May 2008, 10:47

Some things I do now is make my garden have higher beds.

I use a cane ofcourse.

I quit smoking and drinking back in 1999.

I use those things that you can pick things up with sometimes.

I need to do more things to help with my chronic pain and other problems so I can't wait to read what others have done.
Back to top Go down
http://allpurposecleaner.yuku.com
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime28th May 2008, 11:23

Good post Brianna

I had a wall taken out and a railing to my basement so I can toss my laundry downstairs to be washed. My basement used to be for storage and crafts. Now it has a family room so I can do my laundry and watch TV so I am not having to go up and down the stairs.

I also have put in raised toilets, what a blessing as I am tall and it is hard to get up from a low toilet.

Unfortunately my home has 16 steps to get into the house from the driveway, so I have been parking on the side of the house which is flat then I only have 4 steps to get up to the house.
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime28th May 2008, 12:43

i have my son help me at work
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 06:55

And for that I'm glad Ed love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 18:01

me toooooooooo!!! and i can get my buddy dave to help as well, they are gonna do tables for me tomm. i have to respect my pain, my pain comes first, and work is fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 22:12

I'm glad you have someone to help you while you heal love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 23:24

me is worried now bout my kid, he has been getting skin infections, hasnt had one in about 6 months, but wen he gwets them his leg sells, so does his foot, the docs still really dont know what it is, they did a bunch of tests, blood work, grrrrrr so wells he told me today his skin is acting up again, i think like it gets hard in one area and spreads, almost like gout, docs said it wasnt gout, i have a differnt doc that he and the ex have, i may just take him to mine, but even if he cant help me, my buddy dave will, so i am very thankful!!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime30th May 2008, 07:45

It sounds like cellulitis to me Ed. Does he get these often? Does you have any peripheral abnormalities?
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime30th May 2008, 09:55

they havent given it a name , he is a healthy kid, overweight by bout 30 to 40 pounds but he is a big kid big boned, but really just sits on the computer, i was gonna join a gym with him, then i hurt my back, the only exercise he gets is helping me at work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?   What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Adaptions to Your Life Have You Made?
Page 1 of 1