Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Empty
PostSubject: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime11th August 2008, 07:14

When Bill Russell tells people that his severe depression was relieved by shock therapy, the most common response he gets is: "They're still doing that?"

Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime11th August 2008, 20:10

I have been hearing more and more about this, I'm not sure how I feel about it any more dunno
Back to top Go down
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 256
Kudos : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime12th August 2008, 15:59

My pdoc wanted to try this on me and I said absolutely not. It's really scary I think. Your brain is so important and I heard you lose your memory. sob
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime12th August 2008, 16:14

I know that back in the 50's it was very new and lots of bad things happened, but it has come a long way and I don't believe that memory loss occurs any more; but I can't say that for certain. dunno I think that the amount of electricity that is sent through the brain now is very minimal, and that it doesn't damage, but again, I am not at all sure.
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime12th August 2008, 16:17

Hmmmmmm dunno
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime12th August 2008, 18:14

When I was in the hospital someone had this done. She looked like a zombie. I felt so bad for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback   Shock Therapy Makes a Quiet Comeback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1