Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Therapy for SAD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

New Therapy for SAD Empty
PostSubject: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime10th November 2008, 08:35

Friday, Nov 7 (Psych Central) -- New Therapy for Affective DisordersAccording to the Harvard Mental Health Letter, bright white light therapy has been used to treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD) for more than 20 years.

New Therapy for SAD
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime10th November 2008, 15:29

Unfortunately most insurance plans won't pay for light therapy, and it's just too expensive for most people to pay out of pocket. Hopefully more insurance companies will start covering this therapy.
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime10th November 2008, 20:36

Never realized that insurance companies won't pay for this. So many people suffer from this debilitating disease dunno
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime11th November 2008, 08:51

Unfortunately light therapy isn't a treatment the insurance companies are willing to pay for. They would rather pay for medications and therapists. It seems to me that if they put out the few hundred dollars for the light therapy they would save money in the long run on meds and therapists...but that's just my opinion.
Jacki
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime11th November 2008, 15:22

Not only don't the insurance companies pay for this, but I just received a notice from my company that the insurance bennies have changed; no doubt for the worse..... sob the company is cutting back on everything...so there will more that they don't cover faint
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime12th November 2008, 09:48

Sorry to hear that Terry. It really makes it tough to get care and treatment when the insurance companies won't cover needed services.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime12th November 2008, 21:10

jsr4711 wrote:
Sorry to hear that Terry. It really makes it tough to get care and treatment when the insurance companies won't cover needed services.

I have no clue what the changes are...I find out in two weeks. I am realizing that I maybe doing more harm to myself by not using the hospitalization benefit to get myself stabilized before the end of the year so I don't have to repay the deductible again next year! How messed up is this. I have avoided the physic claims to the point of screwing myself wasn't me LOL, My GP said he thinks I am schizophrenic with psychotic episodes..... not bipolar...I think it is the seizures with the bipolar just the wrong levels of meds.... and I am not stabilized yet....it is a vicious circle and now I have the fibro and the RA is worse with the chronic fatigue; I sound like a frigging Pharmaceutical Company AD! sob
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime13th November 2008, 07:36

Sorry friend. Are you seeing a psych? With those mood swings I think it's definitely needed here 4U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Therapy for SAD   New Therapy for SAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Therapy for SAD
Page 1 of 1