Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repurposing and New Uses for Things

Go down 
+3
terry
mustang302
Doc Mike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Repurposing and New Uses for Things Empty
PostSubject: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 07:23

I love repurposing and finding new uses for things. I have been looking for a new desk and saw in a magazine how someone had taken an old antique square drop leaf table and made it in to a desk. It was so cool looking.

Right now, I use an old printer stand (it's pretty big) on wheels as my desk. Since sitting for long periods of time can really get to me, I can wheel the "desk" to the couch and sit there or wheel it to another place that will be comfortable for me to sit and work.

I used to have my TV on this old printer stand and that was great too as I am always moving furniture around. I repurposed my buffet/side table to become the TV stand. The back had a board stapled on and it slides out. So I took that out so that I could put the home theater stuff in there. It looks so nice. When the home theater system is not in use I close the doors and it hides all the equipment so it looks clean.

I also love reading the magazine Real Simple. They have a section for new uses for old things. Some of these ideas are awesome! Things I never would have thought of. I never would have thought of using those nylon bags that onions, fruit, potatoes, etc. come in as a scrubby for pots and pans. It works too and saves money!

Since I am always looking for ideas, I thought I'd see what my Hugz buds do. Therefore, what kinds of things have you repurposed or found new uses for?
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 09:12

ok wells gross but i get plastic bags wen i buy food and i use them over and over....wen im almost done using them i then use them to pick up rocky poops with...
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 12:17

Well, I had an old cabinet that I couldn't use anymore (was falling apart) so I cut the pieces of wood in across in a triangle shape and used them for corner shelves so I had more shelves to put stuff on, they are smaller and held less weight so I don't have to worry about them falling down. banana
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 16:39

I wish I knew how to do this kind of stuff. I'm not real smart redface
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 17:37

I with Lost One on this one thumbs up
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

Number of posts : 238
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 08:17

I also reuse plastic bags for many things even dog poop Ed LOL

Since I never struck it rich, I recycle as many things as I can say for instance, before my husband was in his accident, he brought home some left over shingle bundles from a job. They sat around forever until we moved to this place and I made a little garden and I put some shingles in for the pathways. It looks pretty and there are no weeds there.
I have a bench in the garden made from two cinder blocks and a scrap piece of 2x8 board.
I resuse alot of stuff and I go to yard sales when my panic is low and I can be around people.
Back to top Go down
http://allpurposecleaner.yuku.com
Kylie

Kylie

Number of posts : 512
Kudos : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 09:38

Delta do you have a pic of the shingles in your garden? I have shingles left too just sitting in my garage tongue
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime9th July 2008, 12:57

Those shingles sound like a great idea that I can use here on my property Delta! Thanks so much love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing and New Uses for Things   Repurposing and New Uses for Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repurposing and New Uses for Things
Page 1 of 1