Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?

Go down 
+4
Kira
Doc Mike
Lost One
Brianna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Empty
PostSubject: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 04:28

During the past year members have from time to time told me they don't want to post about the problems cause they are worried they will bring people down.

Do you feel like that sometimes? Are you worried you will bring up the members down?

What other people do post about the problems, do they bring you down?

I have been thinking about that quite a bit lately. My thoughts so far is that we are all on a journey in life. Only few of us are at the exact same station. So when you talk about your problems on another station, it doesn't bring me to your station! Sometimes I have already been there before. I don't mind hearing your story. It is an advantage that we can all bring together different experience from different stages in life. If I don't feel up to reading anything sad, I just stay in Chit Chat, or the Game Room instead.

Please share your thoughts about this?
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 06:58

Sometimes, but we're here for each other, that's all the matters group hug
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 08:04

I couldn't have said it better Lost One thumbs up If we can't let it out here, why bother having a forum...IMHO cool
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 10:28

If we worried about it then we wouldn't be here either Brianna. Now you stop worrying love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 12:20

thats wat the forum is for, we are here to support others in need, life does suck at times, its special wen you feel bad, post about it aqnd someones reply can get you feeling better,,,,, it always works for me!!!
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 16:11

I like that description of being at a different station.
It doesn't bother me to try to help people when they are at a low point and if I am at a low point I will probably not even be online so if I do read about someone being down, I am at a station where I will try to help :)
Back to top Go down
http://allpurposecleaner.yuku.com
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 05:07

I couldn't think of a good analogy so I came up with station. I thought it fit it because we're all waiting for the great big train ride. Sometimes I hate to post even the good stuff because I know people are struggling financially and don't want others to feel bad. dunno

Thank you all! I feel less alone because of the board also. And I get a different perspective than I would have without the board. love
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 17:57

Brianna I don't say things right, but why have a board if we can't talk about good times and bad times? dunno
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 21:50

I know that sometime I have waited to say anything, but eventually, I just spit it out; you all like my family, I feel like if I don't tell you, I would be letting you down, or hiding something. Like family, sometime there isn't a good time or way to say some things, so you or me just have to spit it out, so, I do. love
Back to top Go down
Pariah

Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: holdout   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 23:23

yeah, I hold back a bit... a LOT actually... but mostly it is because I cannot stand to sit for long ~grin~ so I have not posted stuff that would prolly make you go "ah-ha!" But there will come a time. I'm in the mood to do it tonight, but hurting tooooo much. Funny how emotional pain leads to physical pain. Just goes to show ya that the head bone is connected to the heart bone. If we are spiritually hurt, we hurt in ALL three aspects of our being. But then, what does the wind do? Trees gain great strength from the wind, and must grow strong roots or they would topple ~ and so goes life for us, reaching for the light, growing strong roots and bending with the wind makes us fit, perhaps not so much for this world but perhaps fit for heaven. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 05:56

I'm glad that we're all learning from each other and leaning on each other. I try but those that know me personally know that I tend to hide things from myself and even my doctors. dunno I love that phrase Pariah - "The head bone is connected to the heart bone". love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 07:08

Brianna let it out, I know you have "things" going on. Why don't you practice what you preach, I mean that in a good way, I don't want to see you put on a happy face for us. here 4U
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 07:36

Do you remember when I first joined hugz? I was just diagnosed bipolar, manic and suicidal. And I talked and you all helped me through it group hug
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 19:50

Yes I do Lost One and ever since you've had a special place in my heart love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?   Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are You Worried You'll Bring Other Members Down?
Page 1 of 1