Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode

Go down 
+2
AlwaysHopeful
Brianna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Empty
PostSubject: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime20th April 2009, 06:33

You may be able to short-circuit a developing mood episode through early intervention, but to do so, you must first be able to identify the early warning signs. In this post, I point out some common early warning signs of an oncoming bipolar mood episode (depression, mania, or mixed) and ask you to share your [...]

Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

Number of posts : 1043
Kudos : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime20th April 2009, 13:19

Very good article Brianna..this is exactly what I've been posting about! My Mom has helped me so much with teaching me my early warning signs..and I use them! By recognizing these signs..I can know when an episode is coming on and often stop it from getting worse. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons I've had such great relationships with all of my Pdocs because I have such good insight into my illness now. I'm very proactive and not reactive. Thank you for this...it's nice to see it in writing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michellealainemoore
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime20th April 2009, 14:48

Good article, how many of these things do you need to feel and what do you do if you do? dunno
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime20th April 2009, 19:51

It depends on the person, Terry. That's why it's so important to know your specific mood patterns. My first signs of mania are paranoia. You know the feeling when no matter what someone says to you, it's meant as a dig..even tho it wasn't? I begin to get very tender, want to isolate because of it...my sleep patterns change...and the end result would have been getting into too many groups or volunteering, etc... Now that I can recognize the early signs that are my "norms" for the mania, I know not to let myself volunteer or start any new projects, etc. I may take an extra Trazadone at nite so that I go to sleep at the right time, which more often than not will stem the attack. Staying in as normal of a rhythm as possible is the best thing I can do. Also..knowing what you do during your manic and depressive states is a big help. Do you spend money excessively? Do you..like me..volunteer for everything because...my fave manic saying.."I am woman, hear me roar"? Knowing your behavior patterns during these times..and knowing that they are on the way...can help you, especially if you have a close friend or family member to work with you... I made and make a conscious effort to NOT get involved with new things (always a trigger for mania for me) during these times. When I'm going down to my deepest well...I keep in close contact with my support people and remember my "points of light" so that my well isn't as dark as it seems. I MAKE myself remember the positive things I have in my life (my points of light). They seem so far away during this time..but they really are there. My family, my friends, my Hugz, I tell myself every morning I wake up that I am 1 day closer to it being over. I have to force myself to do it..but it really works. I don't have all of the answers...but these are the things that have kept me on track for the past 3 years plus.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime21st April 2009, 14:24

I am being paranoid, suddenly wanting to cry for no reason, basically depressed suddenly for no reason, then laughing suddenly for no reason, can't concentrate on anything, trying to work, but failing miserably, really confused, I called the pdoc, I am waiting to see what he says.... dunno
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime21st April 2009, 18:03

hugs for terry!!!!!!

my dog is good at picking up on mood changes in me, bipolar or any other changes, he starts to stare at me and wont leave my side, im looking at him saying what? whats wrong? then i get hit, and im like wow how did you know that
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime21st April 2009, 18:26

Aren't animals amazing, Ed? I have one that's more tuned in than the others. She's my lab/Dalmation mix and won't leave my side either if I'm having any issues. Back in '01 when I was in my 9 month long depression, she wouldn't even let me take a nap alone. The only time she left the bed is if one of the other dogs would come in...then she'd run out to potty and come right back in. I'm glad you've got Rocky! walk dog
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime21st April 2009, 19:21

Bud too, now I'm trying to teach him how to get my Buds out of the frig tongue
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime21st April 2009, 21:48

I dunno Mike...you might not be happy with the results:

Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Huskcom_BecksDark_husky_Dog

Last edited by AlwaysHopeful on 23rd April 2009, 18:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime22nd April 2009, 14:08

Butthead just trips me on my way to the frig tongue
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime23rd April 2009, 18:29

I love that kind of dog. But I forgot, what kind of dog is it? redface
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime23rd April 2009, 18:57

It's a Husky. I love the eyes. love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 13:28

I like the beer he's holding. And one rep point to you Michelle thumbs up
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 18:57

Oh..thank you Mike...I need all the "reputation" I can get. hysterical
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime26th April 2009, 13:02

me too Michelle hysterical
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode   Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Mood Episode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1