Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low

Go down 
+3
Doc Mike
Lost One
Brianna
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Empty
PostSubject: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 06:00

Recently, I had some routine blood work done (Is Vitamin D testing routine? )
and found out my Vitamin D levels are quite low. 15 to be exact.

I also found out my Magnesium levels are almost non-existent. (I can not recall the levels) . My primary was quite concerned and put me on a slow release magnesium supplement to see if it would help. 2 pills 3 X day.

I am also now on RX Ergocalciferol or Vitamin D2 50,000 IU 2 X week.

According to my primary this regime was supposed to make me feel better but since starting this I am feeling much worse. My whole body hurts more, my joints ache, and I am quite fatigued, etc.

I'm curious if anyone else out there is on Vitamin D2 and or Magnesium and has similar issues?

I'm hoping this is due to something else and not the supplements but seeing as how things became worse about a day after starting I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to it.

It is suspected that I have Lyme Disease and the last time I felt this way was when I was on high doses of Antibiotics, which by the way I will be starting again very soon. faint
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 07:06

I don't know so just sending you good thoughts Brianna love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 07:22

I don't have time to research it right now Brianna, I'm sorry. I will when I get home from work thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 16:43

My Grandpa is on the exact same Vitamin D prescription that you are 50,000 x's twice a week. Hopefully it will start to kick in soon and you will be feeling much better sweetie!!

group hug
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 17:58

I can't help you sweetie, but.....

I just saw a news story about how so many of us are low in the vitamin D. It said that those low in VD are also at greater risk for certain cancers.

I think a basic blood test to check all our essential vitamin levels should go along with our yearly checkups. Many more of us would find we too, are lacking.
Back to top Go down
Kylie

Kylie

Number of posts : 512
Kudos : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 21:26

They think you have lyme disease? When do you get the results back? love
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 23:06

I found this article on Vitamin D2, I hope it helps, I thought it was really interesting dunno

http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrition/vitamindmiracle.html
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime24th June 2008, 06:38

Yikes I didn't realize how beneficial VD is. I'm out in the sun all the time though so I just don't get it dunno And I don't know why I feel so miserable now that I started it sob
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime24th June 2008, 17:28

group hug
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime25th June 2008, 05:57

This is a good read for any one who thinks they might be low on Vitamin D. It's an all important vitamin. thumbs up

Understanding Vitamin D Cholecalciferol
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime25th June 2008, 06:46

And ladies One-A-Day is not enough sometimes cool
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime26th June 2008, 22:55

Doc Mike wrote:
And ladies One-A-Day is not enough sometimes cool

This is the truth here! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low   Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found out my Vitamin D Levels are Low
Page 1 of 1