Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Empty
PostSubject: A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients   A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Icon_minitime3rd June 2008, 06:05

Though opioid pain medications are effective for treating chronic pain, many physicians are reluctant to prescribe them fearing potential for addiction and abuse. Harvard researchers may have an answer to this problem with a new screening tool, published in The Journal of Pain, to predict which pain patients are most likely to exhibit aberrant medication-related behavior.

Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients   A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Icon_minitime3rd June 2008, 20:16

So does this mean if you have an addictive personality and have chronic pain, you won't receive pain meds?? I have a really good reason for this question...
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients   A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Icon_minitime4th June 2008, 07:32

That's not what I'm getting out of it. There are several factors involved...

Quote :
They probed for problems with mood, temperament, feelings of impatience and frustration. Several items were related to attitudes about pain medication.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients   A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Icon_minitime4th June 2008, 18:48

I see, I was in a mood there the fist time I read it, that one doctor did a number on my physic and my outlook for a while, but I am getting better now. Thanks Mike love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients   A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Icon_minitime5th June 2008, 06:45

Good to hear you're doing better friend. Moods play a big part of the whole picture ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients   A Better Way to Predict Aberrant Drug Behavior in Pain Patients Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1