Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome Jacki

Go down 
+6
Kylie
Brianna
Lost One
jsr4711
mustang302
Doc Mike
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 09:50

You snuck in on us. The board's a little slow Friday's and the weekend. So my apologies redface

I hope you enjoy it here and when you feel comfortable, tell us a little about yourself and how you found us at Hugz group hug
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 09:56

welcome!!!!
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 10:54

Hello Everyone and Thank you for the welcome.
I am 47, raising two wonderful grandaughters and have fibro, arthritis and herniated discs in my neck and lower back. My journey with fibro began 5 years ago with a car accident. Since then I have navigated the maze of doctors, medications and tests, tests and more tests. During the course of this journey I have developed a sensitivity to medications and can no longer take any of the pain meds without being admitted to the hospital for observation because the the severe reactions I have to them. That has made pain management a much bigger challenge, but I am learning ways to deal with it and learning what my triggers are so I can try to avoid them. I am no longer able to do the work that I loved, but on the up side I am now able to be home full time with and for the girls. In fact, being able to be home with the girls is the only good thing I can say about having fibro. I have found ways to help me live with the fog, most days. There are some days when the fog is just too bad, but I muddle through the best I can.
My motto is "I have fibro, fibro doesn't have me". I try to live each day the best I can. I am an avid gardener, have even gotten all the grands into gardening. I have 3 grown children and 10 grands (11th due in jan.). Most weekends I have 3-7 of the kids here, and in the summer they stay for weeks at a time.
I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and finding my way around here.
Jacki
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 11:21

Hi Jacki. I'm glad you're here with us. I'm not sure if anyone here has fibro so maybe Brianna can add one for you.

You really have a lot going on and for that I'm sorry. John, Pariah, is a stay at home dad and home schools his kids. So you're not alone here 4U
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 12:29

Hi Jacki and welcome to Hugz. I'm so sorry all that you have on your plate. I wish I could take your pain away, I wish I could take it away from all of us. group hug

Jump in any where you feel comfortable. I'm so glad you joined us. We're a great bunch, here. A bit whacky, but anything to take our minds off the pain for a while here 4U
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Kylie

Kylie

Number of posts : 512
Kudos : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 13:48

Welcome to Hugz Jacki. I'm Kylie and have 2 wonderful, at times, boys. I'm sorry about what's been going on and all your pain. I'm glad you're with us though here 4U
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 15:52

Welcome Jackie, I hope you find comfort and support here as I have love
Back to top Go down
Nickey

Nickey

Number of posts : 132
Kudos : 0

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 16:17

wave Jacki and welcome to Hugz group hug
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime18th October 2008, 20:27

welcome
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Kudos : 0

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime20th October 2008, 11:45

Welcome dear. I see you've been made to feel comfortable and I hope you get the support that I do here. Wonderful, wonderful friends here group hug
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime21st October 2008, 20:55

Welcome Jackie, and thanks so much for all of the info you have given us love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Jacki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Jacki   Welcome Jacki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome Jacki
Page 1 of 1