Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here is what happened

Go down 
+3
Lost One
Brianna
deltaelise
7 posters
AuthorMessage
deltaelise

deltaelise

Number of posts : 238
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Here is what happened Empty
PostSubject: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime6th September 2008, 21:34

I showed you the picture of the rescued Pomeranian in the photo forum I think.
Anyway, I screened so many people to adopt the little dog.
One lady kept calling me saying her little boy was always crying because her daughter got married and moved to Arkansas and took her dog with her and so the little boy was upset and wanted the little dog.
She answered all my questions about having a yard for when the Pomeranian needed to go out but that he would be an inside dog most of the time.
She said that yes, I could go and visit a couple of times and that if I didn't think it worked out, she would return him to me and all the other things she agreed to.
She seemed so nice and sincere.
I met her at an agreed spot and I wish I had never turned over the dog. She just took him and ran to her car and drove off.
I immediately knew something was wrong.
I watched her as she pulled across the street and she opened her door and the dog jumped out and ran towards the very highway I had rescued him from. She grabbed the dog and threw him back in her car and drove off.
I hurried to my truck but I can't move that fast anymore and I got in and tried to get across the street but the traffic is always so busy right there.
I lost her.
I was devastated.
I didn't know what to do.
I waited a couple of hours and called her house.
She sounded like she was on drugs or something and she didn't even remember who I was and hung up on me.
She never gave me her address so I found out what town she lived in and after several days of her not talking to me on the phone, I drove to the little town and drove around until I saw her car.
There was no fenced yard and no one answered the door but I could hear them inside.
I went to town and called the police.
I told the story and ofcourse he said I should have gotten a signed contract.
He knows the woman and knows she is a druggie.
He followed me over there but she wouldn't answer the door.
I left a note saying I wanted the dog back or I would file charges of some kind.
I turned around in my truck and saw someone open the door and grab the note.
I went back up to the door and her little boy who just happened to be a huge teenager said his mother never brought a dog home.
I drove off crying and when I got home my husband said she had called and said the dog had a good home.
I called her back and told her she had lied and stolen the dog and she said all kinds of awful things and called me a psycho.
Anyway, to make a long story short, she stole the dog and probably sold him for drugs.
The police got involved and said I couldn't call her and she couldn't call me.
My heart was broken.
I failed and put the little dog in danger for believing this lying person.
I will never forgive myself.
And that is the bad thing that happened to me sob
Back to top Go down
http://allpurposecleaner.yuku.com
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 08:40

Delta how could you have known? I would have done the same thing. You did all you could. Please hold onto the thought that, drugs or not, she said the dog had a good home. here 4U
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 10:02

I'm sitting here in tears Delta. I'm sorry you went through that, I hope you're okay and the dog did find a good home group hug
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 10:14

Thanks, I just feel I will never get over this and I think I am going to put up posters around town with his picture and ask if they have seen the dog to atleast please just let me know he is alright.
I will never adopt a dog again without a contract because I guess a promise and someone's word just aren't good enough anymore.
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 10:49

You did all you could Delta. It's a shame in this day and age people can't be trusted bang head In this case, I don't think a contract would have done much good. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Back to top Go down
Nickey

Nickey

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 11:03

I'm so sorry this all happened Delta. I hope he's okay and I hope you're okay love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 14:19

omg, thats horrible , im so sorry.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 15:36

Delta I am so sorry this happened! You might try calling the local humane society or aspca an inform them of what happened and maybe they can investigate further for you? I would never guess this would happen either love
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime7th September 2008, 21:48

That is a very good idea.
I am grateful to everyone's kindness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is what happened   Here is what happened Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is what happened
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hugz R Us :: The Recliner Room :: Chit Chat-