Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feast for the Soul

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Feast for the Soul Empty
PostSubject: Feast for the Soul   Feast for the Soul Icon_minitime14th August 2008, 19:54

A few weeks ago I bought an old record player at a yard sale. It felt good to be able to dig out all my old records again, place the needle down on them and feel the music flow from the speakers and the memories flow from my mind. Today I pulled out my old Christmas collection and started to listen to the carols play. It didn’t bother me a bit either that it was the middle of Summer. The sound was just as sweet with the flowers blooming and the fans blowing as it would be if the ground was covered with snow. Every song from "Joy to the World" to the "Hallelujah Chorus" nourished my spirit and warmed my heart. It was a true feast for the soul.

Most of us myself included don’t feed our souls nearly enough these days. Our bodies get all the food they need and then some, but our souls hunger daily and are ignored. It is so easy to feed them too. The food for them is everywhere and you can’t overeat. Best of all the meal tastes even better when you share it with others.

Take the time to nourish your soul then. God loves you and wants you to join in the feast He has prepared here. Listen to beautiful music and sing along yourself. Read inspiring works and share your thoughts as well. Watch children playing in the sun and don’t forget to join in. Help those in need and thank those who help you too. Take a nature walk, but take the time to sit still and watch the sunset. Play fetch with a dog until your arm feels tired but your heart feels light. Laugh loud and long even when your face hurts and you have tears in your eyes. Wake up saying "Good morning God!" and throw in a "Thank you for my life!" as well. Pray all day long. Pray when things are going bad and when things are going great. Pray to always grow in love, joy, and oneness with God because that is what the feeding your soul is all about. This world is a never ending banquet of loving, sharing, giving, and living. Pull up a chair and enjoy the feast.
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Feast for the Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast for the Soul   Feast for the Soul Icon_minitime15th August 2008, 06:54

Love it and thanks for sharing Lost One love
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Nickey

Nickey

Number of posts : 132
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Feast for the Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast for the Soul   Feast for the Soul Icon_minitime15th August 2008, 16:17

love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feast for the Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast for the Soul   Feast for the Soul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feast for the Soul
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hugz R Us :: Inspiration Nook :: Inspirational Quotes and Stories-
Jump to: