Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

someday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pariah

Number of posts : 117
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-23

someday Empty
PostSubject: someday   someday Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 00:37

I entered the story below in a contest by Wells Fargo "Tell us your Someday Story and win $100,000" After Sept. 17th you can go and pick the story you feel is best(DON't vote for mine just cuz you know me!!). I think WF picks the top five. Go to http://memelabs.com/somedaystories/ to vote.

Someday a Teen Jam Center!
I am a disabled, stay-at-home; home schooling dad to four great children, while my wife of 23 years works three jobs – a special education teacher, etc. It would be great to be able to send our kids to college, or to finish our house without my wife having to work extra jobs, but I have always said, “Someday, it would be really great to build a fully-equipped music studio that could serve as a teen outreach!”
A music studio would give teens an opportunity to explore hidden talents in the music industry and link them with caring adult volunteers from our community. It would be a life-enriching experience for both the teens and volunteers, linked on the common ground of music. Teens would get positive, self esteem building experience while gaining valuable real life skills, while taking classes from music theory to business economy. They could form bands and even cut demo tapes! By using retired volunteers we would create cross-generational relationships that would benefit everyone. There could be community concerts and even dances in a safe, drug-free environment. Operational budget could be maintained through community support as well as benefit concerts using featured artists.
What better investment could we make in our community than in our youth?
And what better way to do it than with a Wells Fargo Teen Jam Center? A better world begins with hope. Hope starts through care. Care is expressed through spending time, and our youth need us to care!
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

someday Empty
PostSubject: Re: someday   someday Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 20:19

Very well thought out plan!!! Got my vote!
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

someday Empty
PostSubject: Re: someday   someday Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 06:18

Very good idea Pariah, I hope things work out thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

someday Empty