Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?

Go down 
+3
mustang302
Brianna
Doc Mike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Empty
PostSubject: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 06:22

I suffer from chronic pain and along with that depression. I've remained mostly highly functional, but some people around me have noticed some differences. I've spent 5 years trying different med and have settled on a good one.

But during that time, I realize that I was very absent in a lot of peoples lives. Canceling on friends and family, not returning phone calls, acting strange, even physical changes like weight fluctuations and some hair fall from the med-go-round. People ask questions, and I lie about a lot of "flu type bugs". Only my best buds are in on this.

Do you tell more casual friends in a non-dramatic way so they know what the hell has been wrong with you? What about family? The few relatives I have contact with don't know.

I'm not real cool with deep sharing, but some people deserve explanations for strange behavior.
dunno
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 07:45

I'm embarrassed to say this but no one. I'm totally alone in my pain, my fears, my tears sob
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 10:28

i have very few people i can count on, good to know since i hurt myself i can count on my son
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 10:29

hugs for brianna!!! and you are not alone you have us!!!! group hug
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 12:20

All I can say is thank God for my mom and dad. I tried to hide things from my friends but they know when something's not "right" redface
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 15:15

The only person that I feel I can be 100% real with is Dustin, although I am for the most part here too love
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 15:35

The truth about my health is only shared by a few. However, Upon meeting me and speaking with me, it is apparent that something is not right so I am forced to tell something to everyone I meet something. If I am manic, I am good to go, nothing is noticeable because I am going at 100 miles an hour. But otherwise, anyone paying close attention, will ask. I just say i had a traumatic brain injury and leave it at that. It's hard Mike, to know who you can/should tell. I have gotten to the point that I just don't care who knows anymore. I have had so much happened to me, gone through so much, it is ridiculous. I have actually told my boss when asked what was wrong with me that I was on drugs and did he have a problem with that? He laughed and walked away. I have found that when I answer with the truth in a sarcastic voice, no one believes me anyway! One boss asked what was wrong with me and I said "the list is long and well documented" he thought it was a joke!! yeah right! But, he left me along while I was in pain that day! I have always been afraid that I would loose my job because of all that is wrong with me, but again, I am getting to where I just don't care anymore. If someone asks me, I tell them. If they don't, I don't.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 16:42

My mom and dad are both elderly and I don't want to worry them. I keep it to myself. dunno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?   Who's in your "Circle of Trust"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's in your "Circle of Trust"?
Page 1 of 1