Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just curious....

Go down 
+6
mustang302
Brianna
Doc Mike
terry
Mshelly
Heather
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime30th June 2008, 20:30

I know Brianna does tax work, but I have no idea what the rest of you do....so, what do you do to make your living dunno
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime30th June 2008, 20:32

Me I work a few days a week at a small cafe and then twice a week I mow for my Grandpa and he pays me a little every month for doing that!!

NEXT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mshelly

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime30th June 2008, 21:56

I'm a bum. I had to retire from work because I got hurt
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 01:04

I'm a property manager; I manage 2 income and age restricted properties that are tax credit and HUD properties. I started in this business 7 years ago as an assistant manager/maintenance tech (I knew nothing about maintenance, but I learned real quick!) Before that I was a Hair Stylist for 12 years until I had a traumatic brain injury and had a 90% loss of my fine motor skills sob and lots of other damage to me; it took me three years of rehab to get close to "normal" and now I don't get to do what I love doing anymore and I have a lot of pain and well, you know....but at least I can function again big grin I also went to college to be a secondary english ed teacher.....do we see a bp pattern here?? hysterical
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 06:08

I work on a loading dock in a warehouse. Once upon a time, I used to load, now I just dock and watch everyone else load big grin
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 07:54

I'm a senior accountant in a CPA firm and Heather's right, taxes, taxes and more taxes sob
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 10:23

im on dissablity, but im able to work part time doing maintenence at a local ucc church
Back to top Go down
toes

toes

Number of posts : 27
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 11:56

i'm a housewife.. previously "the moody escrow assistant" :) my husband makes enough for our family so i'm blessed to be able to stay home and raise our daughter
Back to top Go down
http://texasbpd.yuku.com/
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 12:25

I'm an administrative assistant in a law firm. Maybe go into Paralegal someday dunno
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 14:49

What a diverse group we are love
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 15:20

Wow...cool, thanks so much for sharing what you all do thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime1st July 2008, 16:46

I work in a lawn and garden shop as a bookkeeper, heck I'm a jack of all trades. big grin
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

Number of posts : 238

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime3rd July 2008, 19:28

Before I became disabled I had many jobs which I shall list below. Don't forget, I'm old so I've been around LOL

age 12 Delivering circulars door to door for 2 cents each

age 14 Lied saying I was 16 so I could work as a waitress and a cook at Dobb's Houses and other places until I was 16

age 17 got my GED, got married, worked at Steck Warlick, now Hart Graphics in Austin, Texas as clerk, had baby, stayed home a few weeks and got a job as a head bookkeeper at a construction company.

age 21 got divorced, took baby to Houston

Moved back to Austin with my son and joined the Texas National Guard as a medic

age 24 met new husband, worked for my mother's company Terran Technical as an electronics technician and at Daddy Duck's Bar as a waitress and also at Butch Cassidy Club

Moved to Corpus Christi and worked as a bookkeeper and on the roof with my husband

My mental illnesses became pretty bad so I worked with my husband for years on the roof because he was my safe person

In 2000 I helped start our local PAWS animal rescue here in Oklahoma and was the Kennel Director until 2005 when I retired from that and worked at McDonald's for awhile and then a nursing home until I was taken off of work permanently

I now do animal rescue when I can and help people find homes for their dogs or take pictures and make posters for them to put up around town

My husband and I take care of each other and we take care of nine rescued dogs and one cat :)

P.S. Something I did after I divorced my first husband was be an exotic dancer for a year or so and I am not ashamed of it :)

Sorry so long but like I said, I have been there and back LOL

Last edited by deltaelise on 5th July 2008, 12:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://allpurposecleaner.yuku.com
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime4th July 2008, 09:08

Boy you have been through so much Delta. I'm glad that you and your DH take care of each other. I'm even more glad that you're doing something for the animals, those who can't "talk" for themselves. group hug
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime5th July 2008, 12:17

Thanks for sharing your story with us Delta. And there's no need to be shamed of being an exotic dancer thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime5th July 2008, 13:14

I'm honored Delta to have you as a part of our little family. Thanks for sharing love
Back to top Go down
Mshelly

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 21:01

Before I got hurt I worked at a paper plant. I made cocktail napkins from start to finish. I put the rolls of paper on the machine, mixed the ink put on the plates packed them up in a box and sent them off.
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 21:06

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just curious.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious....   Just curious.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just curious....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hugz R Us :: The Recliner Room :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: