Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New anti-depressant

Go down 
+3
Kylie
Megan
deltaelise
7 posters
AuthorMessage
deltaelise

deltaelise

Number of posts : 238
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-23

New anti-depressant Empty
PostSubject: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime20th June 2008, 14:32

I saw one of my Drs. yesterday and when he asked how I was doing, I just started crying. I hate it when I open my mouth to talk but only tears come. We finally got through the appointment but he wants me to try amitriptyline. I am so tired of all the different anti-depressants.
Is anyone else familiar with this medicine ?
I have not been taking anything for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
http://allpurposecleaner.yuku.com
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 256
Kudos : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime20th June 2008, 16:16

I tried it Delta but not for depression. I've never said this before but I was anorexic and my pdoc prescribed that for me. I couldn't deal with it though. It gave me a lot of headaches and I was tired all the time.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes love
Back to top Go down
Kylie

Kylie

Number of posts : 512
Kudos : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime20th June 2008, 17:22

I don't have any experience with that one but I hope it works for you. We're here for you group hug
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime21st June 2008, 13:07

When I took it all I did was cry, 24/7. They said I was allergic to it. So I am not a good person to ask. I hope you have better luck with it. I only took it for 2 weeks. love But I know of others who have had great success with it. group hug
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime21st June 2008, 17:13

I don't think I am going to take it.
I would rather try to control it without medicine but I don't know.
He also gave it to me for my fibromyalgia.
I have too many side effects to medicine.
I will never stop taking my xanax when I am having a panic attack though, it really helps.
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime22nd June 2008, 08:59

Please be careful though Delta. I'm glad you have someone there with you. I too couldn't live without my Xanax
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime22nd June 2008, 15:01

Whether or not to take a medication is a personal choice. I felt as you do for 30 some years. I paid a hard and heavy price for the choice looking back. I don't take too many now, but getting to the right one is a crap shoot. Do your research before taking any med and choose wisely. I can say that one of the ones that worked really well was Remeron, but it causes morbid obesity! I went off of it after 4 months and 60 pounds later. I was riding my bike 10 miles a day, plus walking about 2 miles a day, doing hair 32 hours per week and eating less than 900 calories a day! and still I gained! So research and choose first. There are good meds out there, you just need to find them. But, in the end it is your mind and body that you have to live with and you need to decide whether it is worth the side effects. Good luck to you group hug
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 07:19

How's it going today Delta? Did you try it? love
Back to top Go down
deltaelise

deltaelise

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 11:08

No I didn't yet I am afraid.
I found out that amytriptilyne is elavil and my little sister took 60 of them once to try and commit suicide so I just have a bad feeling about them. She survived that time but passed away in 2002.
I really liked the prozac that I took for six years except it started making me do things I normally would not do and made my panic attacks worse so I was taken off of them.
I am thinking about trying to do mind over matter and see my therapist more.
I am just scared I guess of taking anything that might cause bad side effects like all the other anti-depressants have done.
Thanks for asking thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 18:06

Sweetie you know your body more than any of us here. I hope you find something that takes the edge off love
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime23rd June 2008, 23:11

Kira's right, we're here what ever your choice is, you have to follow your instincts group hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New anti-depressant   New anti-depressant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New anti-depressant
Page 1 of 1