Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

has anyone had to throw someone out?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mshelly

Number of posts : 89
Kudos : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-29

has anyone had to throw someone out? Empty
PostSubject: has anyone had to throw someone out?   has anyone had to throw someone out? Icon_minitime27th January 2009, 14:56

It is getting to the point that my son is going to have to live on the street. He is causeing my BP to go sky high and my Hubby is on the verge of a heart attack. He does nothing but drink and sleep!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had to throw someone out?   has anyone had to throw someone out? Icon_minitime27th January 2009, 18:28

I'm so sorry for what you are going through Shelly. I had problems with my oldest son when he was a teenager (drinking and drugs). I didn't throw him out, I had to call the police to have him physically removed from the house and placed in a psychiatric facility for 3 months, then moved to a foster home for another 9 months. Sean got so strung out on who knows what that he went off the deep end and tried to kill his younger brother and physically hurt me. I had no choice, but it was still the absolute hardest decision I ever had to make. And the best one. I cried for months...second guessed myself constantly. It hurt like nothing else in my life. It was hell. But... Sean admits that at first he hated me and never wanted to see me again. Then, he realized that I wasn't giving up on him, that I was trying to help him. He actually thanked me for making the tough decision.
The decisions you have to make about your son are very difficult. However, you need to do what is best for everyone involved - including what is best for you. Right now, having your son living with you is not what is best for you, or what is best for him. Letting him continue his behavior in your home is just enabling him to continue doing what he is doing. You can make the right decision Shelly. It will be hard, and heart breaking, I won't kid you about that. You will feel like your heart is being ripped from your chest. But in time you will accept that you did what was best for yourself and for him.
I'll keep you in my prayers Shelly, and if you ever need a shoulder to cry on (or lean on) let me know.

Jacki
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had to throw someone out?   has anyone had to throw someone out? Icon_minitime27th January 2009, 21:47

huge hugs!!!!
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had to throw someone out?   has anyone had to throw someone out? Icon_minitime28th January 2009, 12:16

I had to throw out a friend one time Shelly and it bothered me. I don't have children but I can only imagine the mixed emotions you have. Maybe it will be a wake up call for him. Talk to us. We're here to help you through this.
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Number of posts : 1975
Kudos : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had to throw someone out?   has anyone had to throw someone out? Icon_minitime28th January 2009, 21:30

group hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had to throw someone out?   has anyone had to throw someone out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

has anyone had to throw someone out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hugz R Us :: The Recliner Room :: Pity Party Room-
Jump to: