Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses Empty
PostSubject: Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses   Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses Icon_minitime15th January 2009, 07:40

Jackie Yencha hit the wall at age 22. "I couldn't handle the pain any more," she says. "I was terribly fatigued, not feeling well, not sleeping well." But it took Yencha seven years to get an accurate diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses   Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses Icon_minitime16th January 2009, 12:22

Yup, That's me sob
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses   Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses Icon_minitime20th January 2009, 10:05

Unfortunately there is no one simple test for fibro and because it does have the same symptoms as quite a few other disorders/diseases it does take lots of testing to rule out other things first. All those tests can be very stressful, which causes flares, which causes more stress...just one nasty circle. I was so glad to finally get a diagnosis. At least then you can start doing research and find out as much as you can to help you cope day to day. And the relief of knowing that there is something really wrong, that it's not all "in your head".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses   Diagnosing Fibromyalgia: Common Misdiagnoses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1