Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOST

Go down 
+4
terry
Lost One
Doc Mike
Synergy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th January 2009, 08:52

Hang in there John. Spring is just around the corner thumbs up
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th January 2009, 15:37

That is nuts John, stay safe and dry, hopefully this will end soon love
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

Number of posts : 90
Kudos : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-09

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: sunshine!   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime9th January 2009, 02:01

Sunshine today... so science and math class took place outside... we measured the GPM of the siphon hoses -- two gallons per minute/ per hose... so four gal/min. I gave each one the problem to solve on their own with NO information other than what I wanted (gallons per minute) I let each one come up with what and how and LATER told them it was math and science ! We did not measure what was flowing through the drains, pond and wetlands -- but it would have been a STAGGERING amount! Right now one of them has run dry (YEAH!!!) and the other one is catching up very quickly! I feel bad for the many, many who got hit BAD by this -- losing homes, cars and in some cases livelihoods. I got a chance to talk to a city council member about how we NEED to adress the storm runoff as a resource -- to charge aquifers by running the water through created wetlands that would allow the water to seep IN rather than run off. She was amazed and intrigued and wants me to go before the city council. We need to see waste as a resource -- to close the loop and become sustainable in all our practices. This current crisis may force us to have a paradim shift in how we see everything -- now THAT is opportunity.
We are enjoying having the Japanese teacher visiting. Tonight we went to a dinner with all the "ambasadors" -- no students. It was VERY interesting to talk future, etc. My latest wild dream is growing mushrooms -- we got the climate, wet, cool, never hot, not cold too long. We can grow a hybrid poplar tree here to a size where it could be coppiced (cut and regrown from stump) in less than a decade. Those mini-logs would be then used for growing 'shrooms, stacked in racks in climate regulated "shade houses". The 'shrooms then would be cut, cleaned and dried and shipped to asian markets. I figure we got the land and even an extra house. I know Japanese farmers are hard pressed for land and opportunity... all of the teachers we have hosted have had the hardest time leaving. Yumiko really wanted to move family here... Wataru was the same. We are fast becoming friends with Toru. It amazes me how gracious and friendly they are. I have now THREE offers of places to stay in Japan. Who knows?
Anyway, wanted to let y'all know we sailed through the storm and are safe, warm and very blessed
HUGZ
john
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th January 2009, 13:36

John you amaze me! Turning a crisis into an opportunity and an enterprising venture all in one week! and if your little ones figure out that math quiz, I done in faint I have no clue! You are an exellent teacher as well! I bow before you! You never stop giving love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th January 2009, 22:11

You certainly are amazing John. Such tenacity of purpose. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th January 2009, 22:19

How are things John? love
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th January 2009, 07:50

Stop in when you can. Is it cold there too? here 4U
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

Number of posts : 90
Kudos : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-09

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th January 2009, 05:30

Well, here it is... several weeks go by like a day or two... well, I have been 'bout as busy as a long-tailed cat inna room full of rockin' chairs. We dried out and thawed out from all that December nonsense. January has had some fine weather and I have been back at trying to gain some ground physically and otherwise. I have been cleaning up and hauling stuff to use as mulch in the walk isles of my garden. It was crazy at the peak of the incredible rain storm that came at the end of two weeks of snow with temps in the 20's the mulch in my garden was floating in place! Sooo, I have been trying to do a little each day. It is still nuts with MDW working too danged much ... but I am sooooo greatful that she has those jobs!
My oldest will be doing drivers ed next month and it seems there is something scheduled for every minute of my time... but it is all good stuff. Like our church getting ready to start an AWANA club -- YAY! We won't have to drive to another church in another town! Chances are I will head up the Sparks program and certainly will be "the game guy". I do so love those goofy gapped-toothed kindergarten through second graders. They are really unabashedly alive... and it rubs off if you can remember to let 'em be kids!
well it is two am and I SHOULD try to get to sleep again... I think I may go for a walk by the pond first to just reconnect with calm queit still.
I PROMISE I will not stay away so long!
love and hugs
john
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th January 2009, 18:09

Happy to hear all is going to well for you John! Hugs back at ya! Miss you check in more often if possible love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

LOST - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th January 2009, 18:44

your poems are insperational
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOST - Page 2 Empty