Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD

Go down 
+2
terry
Brianna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Empty
PostSubject: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime24th November 2008, 19:20

Thursday, Sep 11 (Psych Central) -- womanInvestigators have discovered that suffering a traumatic injury can have serious and long-lasting implications for a patient’s mental health.

The study is the largest-ever U.S. effort for evaluating the impact of traumatic injury.

Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime24th November 2008, 20:09

I know that I still have issues in a car under certain conditions since my accident....and the nightmares... sob but some of those are from other things..... sob
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime24th November 2008, 20:38

Are you in therapy?
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime24th November 2008, 23:15

Doc Mike wrote:
Are you in therapy?

No, they said they couldn't help me any more when I asked a simple question... dunno
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 16:41

What was the simple question Terry?

I have serious problems with driving after my accident. Takes me hours to talk myself into driving, then I flinch every time a car goes by me, I have panic attacks and have to pull over, I obsess over what route I'll be taking, and when I drive by the intersection where we were hit I slow right down and get shaky. I never did any of that before the accident - I used to drive anywhere, any time without even thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 17:45

jsr4711 wrote:
What was the simple question Terry?

I have serious problems with driving after my accident. Takes me hours to talk myself into driving, then I flinch every time a car goes by me, I have panic attacks and have to pull over, I obsess over what route I'll be taking, and when I drive by the intersection where we were hit I slow right down and get shaky. I never did any of that before the accident - I used to drive anywhere, any time without even thinking about it.

It is amazing what an accident will do to us group hug
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 19:33

I get real bad when there's traffic redface
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime25th November 2008, 20:48

Terry I can't believe they said that to you. That's terrible bang head
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 00:24

Brianna wrote:
Terry I can't believe they said that to you. That's terrible bang head

You didn't ask what question I asked big grin
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 07:19

I'll bite, what question did you ask? dunno
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 09:03

Like you do to me stomp
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 15:27

I simply asked the neurolphsycoloigist that in my estimation that 65% of the population was legally medicated on some kind of mood altering drug from their doctor; 25% of the population was self medicating with alochol, over the counter meds, pot, etc, and 6% were hard core addicts who do anything to be buzzed. That only leaves 4% of the population that is NOT MEDICATED! Now I would like to know what is wrong with this equation and why 4% of the population is making the rest of us NUTS and making all of the decisions!! And also, which percent do you fall in? hysterical He wasn't very amused!! belly laugh But he agreed with me and said he could no longer help me since I had obviously achieved such a higher level of thinking! yahoo
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime26th November 2008, 20:33

I'm confused on what you said but it must have worked thumbs up
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime27th November 2008, 07:46

very good question Terry, can't understand why he didn't think it was funny! hysterical
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime28th November 2008, 07:30

As usual, I'm so confused head spin
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime28th November 2008, 14:53

Basiclly what I asked was "If 96% of the population was medicated, why? Why shouldn't the 4% be mediecated? And why was the 4% making the major decisions, policy and, which percentage was my doctor in?? hysterical
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 403
Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime28th November 2008, 19:18

This isn't funny but it is big grin
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime29th November 2008, 18:12

Kira wrote:
This isn't funny but it is big grin

It is a sad truth that would be hard to handle if we didn't look at it in an amusing way sob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD   Serious Injury Can Lead to PTSD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1