Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Numb Heel?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Numb Heel? Empty
PostSubject: Numb Heel?   Numb Heel? Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 15:36

Anyone else?

My left heel is numb (sole-side), but feels like something is sorta tearing inside when I stretch my leg. Before it went numb, it felt like there were pebbles or something in there - whatever there is... but in that part of my foot.

I had been having probs. with the tendon (I think it is) that runs through the calcaneus thingie. (Great clinical terms, huh .) My doc said that problem was more commonly seen in women who wear heels and in athletes. Neither of which is me.

Last time I saw her, she said there's something wrong with the plantar, but it's not plantar f., and she gave me Mobic.

In the weeks since seeing her, the pebble-like feeling started. Now... numbness and the tearing feeling.

My shins also hurt like h3LL at times.

I don't know if this is an ankle-foot problem or something else dunno
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Numb Heel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Numb Heel?   Numb Heel? Icon_minitime17th July 2008, 18:04

It sounds like you have a heal spur Lost One. The fact that you have that bruised feeling makes me thing it's probably that. I had that for one year, it was hell. I literally walked on my toes of that foot for one year it hurt so bad.

Then after massive doses of anti-inflammatories, Vioxx I believe, it went away.

Every now and again I get that feeling and it makes me sick to think that it's starting over again, then it goes away after a few days. I also had to have an injection in my heel which I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever do again. It was a horrific experience to say the least.

They have a plastic boot that you can wear when you're sleeping that will help stretch that out. It forces your toes up like your trying to stretch your calfs out. It did help a little bit too. Actually, it helped with the pain.

Hopefully yours won't be that bad and it will go away with the Mobic.
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Numb Heel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Numb Heel?   Numb Heel? Icon_minitime18th July 2008, 07:24

Thanks Brianna. I hope it goes away and doesn't get any worse cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content