Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Heroes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pariah

Number of posts : 117
Kudos : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Super Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Super Heroes   Super Heroes Icon_minitime13th June 2008, 14:22

My missionary -in -training 15 year old daughter wrote this yesterday. It is GOOD!

I was thinking the other night (I know I should try doing it more often :P), my bros were watching Justice League ( a super hero show) and I was thinking about how we, as Christians, are not of this world, and we are not supposed to be like this world. Well anyways all of these super heroes on this show are from other worlds and their only goal is to save ours, there is no way they can completely "fit in" in our world but yet they try, and fail. Why is it so easy for us to fall into the ways of this world? Shouldnʼt we be so drastically different that no one can even mistake us as an unsaved human being? But no we would rather go around looking and talking and being like everyone else, we would rather hide the truth that everyone NEEDS to know that tell anyone about it! Isnʼt that just incredibly sad?! We have THE most important truth that has ever existed and we would rather talk about totally useless things like how the Mariners or the Sea hawks are playing than tell an unsaved friend about the truth!! We would rather sit around and do nothing than do what we were called to do by God in Matthew 28:19-20, the Great Commission!!! Why do we do this? Why do we walk around like we don't have a purpose? We have a purpose! Why can't we be more like those super heroes? Why can't we stand out and save everyone through Christ? But the big question is why aren't we even trying?

If you ask me we are all being very disobedient, my pastor has been speaking on how every Church's attendance rates have been going down and how very few people who say they are Christians actually act like it. My pastor has been telling us why we are called hypocrites by non-Christians, because we are hypocrites! We have ignored God's calling just like you are most likely going to ignore this email. I am praying that the Christian church will have a revival because we need it! We need to go back to what we promised God we would do when we accepted him! We need to give God our all, it is the least we can do, he gave us his only son so that we wouldn't have to spend an eternity in a real hell wishing we could be in the real heaven, the least we can do is give him everything we do. Every little thing we do needs to honor him, it sounds like a lot but when you think about what you can give and what he gave, it is not much in comparison, trust me. From now on I am going to live like I have an amazing purpose, like I was sent by God to do what I am doing now. Because, you know, I was.

Why are we being so quiet? Why? We should be shouting the good news! Our neighbors should know the message we preach so well they can recite it! We should be trying to reach everyone "inside our territories" (the area God has given us to minister to wherever it is). Now not every one is called to be a pastor but we can all talk in one way or another right?! Well if we can all talk why aren't we? We aren't because we are scared what others will think of us, we are scared that they won't want to be our friends any more, we are scared that they will think we are crazy. Well first of all we shouldn't be scared as it says in Romans 8:31, 33-34 "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us who can be against us? Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? it is Christ who died and furthermore is also risen who is even at the right hand of God who also makes intercession for us." Second of all we should not be worried about what others think about us, we are weird and crazy and all that, we are not of this world. We should act like we don't belong here, we should dress appropriately, and we should talk like we mean what we are talking about. But most of all we should act like we know what we are doing, we should act like we are here for reason, we are after all here for a huge, mind boggling, reason.

Why can't we give our all? The answer to that question is very incredibly simple; we can give our all for God's cause. We, as humans, like to make excuses, I make excuses all of the time! But we need to stop making excuses for why we are not living out God's calling. We CAN live out God's calling and it WILL interfere with your everyday life. Oh well! it is boring to have the same old routines anyways! Right?! We should not be afraid to preach the gospel wherever we are; we have God's strength on our side right?! So why should we be afraid? The answer is we shouldn't, God is sovereign, and he is in control of everything so why should we be afraid of resistance? I know I am guilty of being afraid of resistance, no one likes resistance, it is not fun, but we need to face the resistance if those people are going to learn about the truth! And if you feel like saying that you don't care whether those people are saved or not just think about where you would be if God hadn't saved you!

If you still want to stay right where you are, not caring whether everyone else hears about God or not then it is your choice, just realize the need, those people need to be saved! And I personally do not want to just sit here and do nothing, please pay attention to this email, and please, please go and tell someone about what changed your life!

Alan-A
Back to top Go down
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 256
Kudos : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Super Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Heroes   Super Heroes Icon_minitime13th June 2008, 16:21

Thanks Pariah, I needed that today love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Super Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Heroes   Super Heroes Icon_minitime13th June 2008, 20:05

i liked it to..........justice league does rule by the way, i never miss it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Heroes   Super Heroes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Heroes
Page 1 of 1