Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anxiety Hangover??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 06:44

Last week at work I was sitting at my desk and took a deep breath and felt like I couldn't get a good deep breath like my chest wouldn't expand all the way. I had a thought "oh my gosh I cant breath good". And it was down hill from there! then I got woozy, dizzy, my eyes wouldn't focus, my body felt light as a feather, not my head just my body.

Then of course my stomach started hurting and got upset. I took my Ativan and a couple hours later I was feeling a little better. All that was left was some very tense muscles. so I went to bed after work slept bout 6 hours and when I got up my stomach was kinda upset again I was nauseous and still woozy dizzy again.

Anyone else ever feel this way the next day? Also does any one else ever get the same symptoms during an attack like the eye focus thing or the body feels like a feather thing- not light headed just your body like its gonna float away any minute? Or the feeling like you cant get in a good deep breath all the way? head spin
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 07:53

I'm sorry this happened to you Lost One. I know that anxiety, panic attacks can come out of the blue. Try to remain calm, breathe in and out, and try to avoid people until it passes love
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

Number of posts : 1043
Kudos : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 16:20

I have, Lost One. It's one of the scariest things I've ever gone through. The first one I ever had was in an ER. They had closed the curtains, which usually has never bothered me. I was in for chest pain...which again never freaks me out. All of a sudden, I couldn't get my breath...the room was closing in on me...I was almost "out of my body" and needed to run away but couldn't. I'd never had one before, and since I was in with the chest pain, honestly thought I was dying. I managed to get the nurse in there who recognized what was going on and helped me to slow down my breathing and it passed...but it was so frightening. I can feel them coming on now and am able to stop them by leaning back, closing my eyes, and concentrating solely on my breathing...in through my nose...slowly out through my mouth through pursed lips. When we have these, we hyperventilate and this causes all sorts of odd things. I'm right there with ya sistah! here 4U
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michellealainemoore
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 20:14

i have had this, sometimes after a dilly of an attack the effects can creep into the next day grrrrr you think youve slept ity off, but sometimes you find you didnt
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime30th April 2009, 15:00

I know what you mean Ed. Somedays I wake up actually hurting from being so tense cry stamp
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

Number of posts : 90
Kudos : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime1st May 2009, 03:52

Yeah, Ed, I slept 'till 12:00 the other week after pulling a manic nearly-all-nighter. I was fuzzy and worthless all day. So much for "every day is a new day"! But it is all good, as after a hard day/night we can all use a "down day" the next day. I have learned to embrace those days -- I call 'em my "cozy days"
Hope you are doin' better

YIKES! I just had to go help out one of my boys -- he threw up all over the bathroom... and it is 1:00 am. We are ALL feelin' crudzy! Swine flu??
take care
john
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

Number of posts : 1043
Kudos : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime1st May 2009, 06:18

Y'all better just quit kissing those piggies! Anxiety Hangover?? Piglets

I have a hard time sleeping the day after one of those "all nighters" and seem to just cat nap. Usually the next night I can sleep, and then the following day after that is my down day. It's a strange cycle, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michellealainemoore
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime1st May 2009, 15:21

sleep is always off after it, youd think i could crash for hours but no it takes time for it to get out of my system
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime3rd May 2009, 19:23

I know Ed. I hurt so bad the next day after it happens. Im trying to control it better. I have a lot of social anxiety redface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anxiety Hangover?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anxiety Hangover??   Anxiety Hangover?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anxiety Hangover??
Page 1 of 1