Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just one stupid day

Go down 
+4
Doc Mike
jsr4711
AlwaysHopeful
Brianna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

Number of posts : 2402
Kudos : 182
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Just one stupid day Empty
PostSubject: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime24th April 2009, 19:07

Is that so much to ask for? One day, when I can get through the day till the end of my workday? ONCE!

It's clockwork.
8:15 arrive
8:20 take 1 norco
11:00 it starts to wear off.
12:30 take norco
1:00 the pain is increasing instead of decreasing.
2:00 I am wriggling around trying to do anything to get comfortable.
3:45-4:15 I surrender the day and go home.
As soon as I walk in the door I take 2 norco, then four hours late 2 more and go to bed.

I am supposed to work till 5:00, I have not made it to that time since tax season ended. I work through my lunch everyday as I know I am not going to make it. Today was going so well, I felt almost O.K. about 1:30 I moved slightly and felt that little pop in between my shoulder blades, now, I could just about cry, again. I knew this was going to happen after putting in all those hours during tax season.

I know I'm better off than most, still working, but is it too much for any of us to just get a bleepin break???
I seriously can not remember what a life without pain is really like? What do those people do with their time?
It all seems so alien to me now. all of it.
Back to top Go down
https://hugzrus.aforumfree.com
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

Number of posts : 1043
Kudos : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 02:16

here 4U Brianna. Living with chronic and constant pain is a life unto itself, and unless someone experiences it, there's no explaining it. It changes who we are because it envelopes our whole being. Looking back even 10 years ago when I was in some discomfort every day seems like Heaven to me now. I'm so sorry you're hurting. Hugz and oodles of love. love
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michellealainemoore
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 06:35

Gentle hugs Brianna. We all wish we could have one day. Some want one day with no pain others one day with less pain. I don't remember not feeling pain on a daily basis anymore. I do remember everything I could do before the pain and had to mourn the losses a few times. Some days just plain suck. All we can do is embrace the better days and get through the bad ones as best we can. It's ok to be angry and frustrated on the bad days. It's ok to cry. Will say an extra prayer for you.
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 13:31

And I hope your bosses appreciate all the hours you put in fiery mad
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 15:41

group hug Brianna - I hope it gets better soon love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime25th April 2009, 16:18

hugs!!!
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

Number of posts : 90
Kudos : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime26th April 2009, 23:52

I don't know what I'd DO if I had no pain for a day... fun ta think about it I suppose.
do your best and forget the rest!!!
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 07:09

Just one stupid day Hugs_to_you-1786

Hang in there Brianna here 4U
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 07:36

Just need a few more days to pass. I have an event I have been forced into working on Saturday and I really just want to say NO. I don't want to alienate the people at work though. It is indeed too much right now.

Rains coming, something is, every part of me that hurts is now throbbing and cutting. How's the saying go?

"STORMS COMING IN" I do believe it is...
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 16:05

I know it's not Friday..but I thought this pic would help the pain...

Just one stupid day MySpaceCommentsHanginthereHaveagrea
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 18:13

Well that made me smile Michelle big grin Sorry for sounding so down, I'm supposed to be cheering everyone up. I'm not going such a good job. Tomorrow I see my pain management doc and hopefully he'll have some answers. roll eyes
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 19:16

Brianna you're allowed to whine too. here 4U Good luck tomorrow, I hope your doctor can help you. love
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 20:10

hugs!!!!
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime27th April 2009, 23:03

No, Brianna..it is NOT your job to make everyone smile so you can just take that brick out of your backpack. I believe it's full enough. It's ALL of our "jobs" if we insist on using that term...to encourage each other. We are a team...our official title evidently has become the Hugz Nuts , and when I look into that jar...there are a lot more than one peanut in the bunch. So..sit back, relax, get some ice or heat on that poor achin' back of yours, whichever helps the most...and let the rest of us NUTZ entertain ourselves. You just pop in and laugh, dump, and enjoy. You are SO much appreciated and loved. I wish I could give you an award for what you have done to help me...you'll never know, Sis. This was the best the best I could do:

Just one stupid day Crown_23313
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime4th May 2009, 07:00

Thank you Michelle here 4U I'm just getting so down about all this. I saw my PM doc and he wants me to give the SCS a try. I'm having it inplanted in a couple weeks. In the meantime, I have to wean off all my meds faint
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime4th May 2009, 08:53

I'm not aware of what SCS is Brianna??? Maybe I am, but my brain is in mud mode right now. Would you mind refreshing it for me? Is that the stimulator?
Back to top Go down
Brianna
Admin
Brianna

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime8th May 2009, 21:07

Yes Michelle, it's a spinal cord stimulator. It supposedly would help with my back pain. Problem is I have to be off all my meds before they insert it and start the trial faint
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime8th May 2009, 23:37

Oh my...derned if you do and derned if you don't, huh? here 4U
Back to top Go down
jsr4711

jsr4711

Number of posts : 636
Kudos : 124
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime9th May 2009, 07:43

Will keep you in my prayers Brianna!
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime9th May 2009, 10:44

Me too Brianna here 4U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just one stupid day   Just one stupid day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just one stupid day
Page 1 of 1