Hugz R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hugz R Us

Need a hug? No matter what you're dealing with, there's plenty of Hugz to go around.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

today

Go down 
+5
Lost One
mustang302
jsr4711
AlwaysHopeful
Synergy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Synergy

Synergy

Number of posts : 90
Kudos : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-09

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime8th April 2009, 03:04

The moon has a moisture halo around it that is just HUGE... almost takes up half the sky -- it reaches the silvery mountains. The froggies are singing so loud that you can hear it inside the house! It is one of those silky-spring nights where the air feels like fine silk and the moonlight is just pure magic. All my easter cactus are blooming -- first time ever at the same time! between that and the African violets and the huge boquets of daffodills the place looks pretty cheery.
I mega-over-did the other day cleaning up the old garden and moving a lot of the plants to the new garden. I dug up six MORE grapes -- YIKES! Well they are gonna look great on the fences at least. I took 'er easy today and cleaned house so I could not do myself in. But tomorrow I gotta plant those grapes!
good night -- tomorrow I start planning my greenhouse!!!! good night
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

Number of posts : 1043
Kudos : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-10

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime8th April 2009, 05:59

Oh..gardening, gardening...grapes.african violets..daffydills...mmmmhhhhmmm...
I miss it so much. It's always brought me such wonder at God's nature..how you can put such a tiny thing like a seed into the ground and get such a wonderful present from it. I would spend hours sitting outside watching my garden grow and feeling nature..watching all of the buzzing and fluttering creatures. I kept a bucket of water full for the swarm of honey bees that showed up every day to drink from and go back to wherever their hive was. I loved watching them. If one fell in..some other would pull it out. Oh..and the flutterbies...so pretty. Every morning I would go out and water before the sun got too hot..give them all a deep soaking. It was my quiet time..my prayer time..I would sing and praise...and then I would just kind of rock back and forth...just drinking in the beauty of it all. Golly..I miss it so much. I even miss the tomato worms..LOL.
Thank you sooo much for sharing your day, John. You paint such a wonderful picture and I carry it with me all day. When I need to "go to a quiet place"...your garden is one of them that I choose to go to. love
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michellealainemoore
terry

terry

Number of posts : 2498
Kudos : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-30

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime8th April 2009, 14:32

Sounds beautiful! You should post pictures for us John love
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th April 2009, 00:36

Thank you! I'm glad it takes you away from the pain -- that is why I love being outside and doing -- I lose myself in the flow and don't even feel pain until I sit down ( and then it stomps me!!). But I spent a year doing NOTHING around here with the thought that doing things was hurting me. Not only did this place suffer, but I did too in every sense of the word. I was told by a massage therapist to develop more muscle mass in my legs (esp. my bummer leg!) So, I made it a goal to do work that would help. I have hauled soooooo many loads of stuff in my wheelbarrow that my compost pile looks like a hill and my whole garden is mulched a foot deep!
I will try to get some pics on here. Not sure HOW to do that (AND my 'puter is soooo full memory-wise that I need to purge/save to disc a bunch of stuff.

I have a HUGE poetry/writing file. I have written several children's stories that I developed through telling them stories when they were younger. If I can bribe one of my kids who type better than me, perhaps you will get a chance to read them.

I also have written visualizations taken from some of my wilderness wanderings. Here in my county, 80-90% of the land is either national park, state forest or private forest, so we have ocean beaches and mountain glaciers... rainforest, rivers, lakes... I love nature! and I love sharng it. If anyone wants a cheap vacation... drop us a line
good night all!
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th April 2009, 15:07

Oh...pictures..poetry...stories...yes, yes, yes....I can't wait to read, John!
My day today is filled with pain, pain, more pain and lots of frustration. I can't seem to get to the bottom of this slow connection. Commspeed..my isp, is blaming the wireless company and visa versa. In the meantime, my pages are opening so slowly if they open at all, so I end up just shutting it all down. I did go to sleep at a decent hour last night, but woke up with a pain inbetween my shoulder blades that made it hard for me to breathe. I'm waiting for the doc's office to call back in hopes of getting a course of steroids to end this miserable thing. It's got to end...I'm at my end point...I just can't take it anymore...woe is me..LOL
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime9th April 2009, 19:29

I know your pain Michelle, I have commspeed also bang head they suck most of the time!. I had them come out and put an antenna on the roof and it speeded up my connection by a 100% I told them I was a gamer and that I was tired of being DCed on the battlegrounds and they had to fix this horrific situation now! They asked what game I played, I told them WoW and that it was unnacceptabe for a 70 lock to be DC'd from Kara! I had an exterior antenna in a week at no charge big grin The all are gamers also.
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime10th April 2009, 04:00

Terry, that is so funny!

Michelle, I'm praying for you ~as I sit here unable to sleep ~ dummy me bonked a finger and got a decent blood-blister under the nail. It hurts, but I'm gonna keep the nail this time at least. You need to get your doctor's nurse to give you a call and tell them that you need a little quality of life

I gotta sign off and go pass-out or sleep or whatever
talk w' y'all soon
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

Number of posts : 1806
Kudos : 253
Registration date : 2008-05-23

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime10th April 2009, 08:41

hugs for all those in pain
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime11th April 2009, 14:48

We already had them put it on the roof, and whenever I call they say I have a good signal coming thru so it must be the router. I am putting in a new wireless card..but that will mean I have to move to the office and plug in the router wire to do all of the settings for it and I'm not quite up to that yet today. I have a feeling that is the issue. I wish I could get warm. I've never been this cold in my life. It's always been a family joke..Mom would say, "I'm cold...put on your sweater." My little sister and I are like Dad..we radiate heat. Not now...my fingers and toes are sooo cold and achy. John was a sweetheart yesterday and massaged my feet for me before I took a nap to get some circulation back into them. This, too shall pass. I know it will. I loved the thunderstorm last night and am loving the rain and clouds today. I miss the sunshine's warmth..but the cleansing of the air is so welcomed. John..please take care of yourself and quit smashing those fingers!
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime11th April 2009, 16:29

Michelle, I would suggest that John move the office.....but I know him hysterical sorry, I had to say that! LOL the wires might go back in the right place if he did it..... belly laugh Sorry again, I just have this picture in my head......I can't stop!

I can't come and help right now, I have an infection in my head and lungs and I won't expose you love I let you know when I am better group hug
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime12th April 2009, 00:34

Uggghhh... I'm laying low again here. Turns out my "bonked" finger was NOT a blood blister, but a chunk of wood that lodged beneath my fingernail. I tried to sleep the first night after hurting it and couldn't, so I got up and soaked my finger in hot water/with hydrogen peroxide. I decided to trim the nail a bit and saw it was wood... so I cut back a big part of my nail and scraped it out (ouch!). It is a ton better but sore as heck. That will teach me to wear my gloves!!! I'm glad it was relatively minor and I didn't have to do more with it.

Spring is creeping along and I keep planting and planting more stuff from my nursery. Boy I'm glad to finally be landscaping!

HAPPY EASTER!!!
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime12th April 2009, 09:17

Ow..Ow..Ow...Ooh...Ouch...Ooh...Ick...Ouch..You poor Baby...Ow...Ow...Ow! sorry
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime12th April 2009, 17:29

tired after a long week of work, easter is always very busy, so me and rocky are just relaxing at home
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime13th April 2009, 15:39

cold, gray achy day... have not even gotten dressed. Borrowed father in law's truck, so I got to haul garbage and recycling this week. But in my mind... "Today has been canceled on account of lack of interest!"
Ugghhh. Well maybe iff i get warm
where is the sun????
Back to top Go down
mustang302

mustang302

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime13th April 2009, 17:20

we had the sun in the east today
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

Number of posts : 2102
Kudos : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-24

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime13th April 2009, 17:46

We have sun but it's darn cold out. And now 2 days of rain coming. I agreed John, a no interest kind of day. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Synergy

Synergy

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime14th April 2009, 00:50

Hey, Mike! It turned out to be a productive day for me anyway. I got a lot of truckin' done. Boy, I sure do miss having a truck of my own. Maybe I'll get my old 48 GMC dump truck in working order soon. I hope to get it usable and use it for some pond-digging around here... and then fix it up pretty, but fairly stock.

Is it summer yet? We may even have snow mixed in with the rain tomorrow -- YUK! Well at least the sunset was spectacular here tonight
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime14th April 2009, 17:24

Today has some decent warmth, but is breezy. Nothing really to complain about weather wise when I compare mine to yours. We have our front door open and all of the windows, too so I can hear the birds singing...at least a few, and I can smell one of our bushes..wish I could remember today what the name of it is...I'll have to get back to you on it. Darned med change has taken my short termed memory away..but it's just temporary and I knew it would happen. It's well worth it. The skies are so pretty...a light blue with brush strokes of white, wispy clouds, and off in the distance a few cumulus clouds that look like cotton balls drifting through the sky. I'll never give up the hope that, one day I'll be able to sit in the sunshine once again...feeling the rays on my face and skin as the breeze gently washes over me...wiping away the stresses of the day.
Back to top Go down
Lost One

Lost One

Number of posts : 1835

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime14th April 2009, 18:23

It's rainy and cold here. But near 70 over the weekend. head spin

Michelle, why can't you sit in the sun? here 4U
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime14th April 2009, 23:33

Oh..it's another one of those strange Lupus reactions. I get a raised rash that lasts for days and days and it itches like the dickens. I've always had to be careful in the sun cuz I'm such a redhead (strawberry blonde, actually..but really light skin) and used to get these round, raised bumps after being in the sun that looked almost like ring worm. Now we know it was from the lupus. I miss my little bits of sunshine. At least I can lean back in my recliner in the mornings and soak it in a bit...that's really nice. nap sunny
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime15th April 2009, 18:17

That sounds really relaxing Michelle, especially in the morning thumbs up
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime15th April 2009, 23:45

It's so relaxing, that today I just kept snoozing away. I'd wake up..take a sip of by that time very cold coffee [she shudders]...smoked a little..and before I knew it...I was snoozing again. I wasn't even online much today. The doc called in my steroids and I have to be on them for three weeks! Oh my...look out world. This will most certainly break the cycle...it may also break anyone around me... big grin
Back to top Go down
Doc Mike

Doc Mike

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime16th April 2009, 11:59

I hope it works for you Michelle. This has been going on for way too long. Enjoy that coffee, enjoy that smoke here 4U
Back to top Go down
AlwaysHopeful

AlwaysHopeful

today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today - Page 3 Icon_minitime16th April 2009, 14:02

It's working, it's working....

today - Page 3 E812eef9
Back to top Go down